Beans and Paneer salad
Few days back I saw a very interesting salad recipe on a tv show. If I remember correctly, it was a show by international Chef James Oliver. I have been cooking beans for so many years, but never had I made a salad with beans. Maybe because south Indian way of cooking beans poriyal is almost like a salad only.
What really lured me to this recipe was its simplicity, vibrancy and of course the nutritional benefits. This is a protein and calcium rich recipe, ideal for everyone. It is also low in calories making it an ideal in between meal snacking option. Trust me when I say that even those who are not very fond of beans might be willing to try this interesting salad.
I made very few changes in the recipe and tried at home couple of days back and it came out very well. I had served this salad along with broccoli and pista soup and toasted baguette. It was a big hit with my family, specially, with my daughter. I am sure this salad will become a regular dish in our home.
I am really excited and happy to share this recipe with you all. Do try. I am looking forward to your feedback.
|French beans||250 gms|
|Tomatoes chopped||1 cup|
|Green chilli chopped||1 tsp|
|Garlic chopped||1 tsp|
|Crumbled paneer||3 tbsps|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 tbsps|
|Coconut oil||2 tsps|
|Almond flakes||2 tsps|
- Heat a sauce pan, add 2 cups of water and some salt (1/4th tsp).
- When the water starts simmering, add the washed and stringed beans and let it cook till it becomes tender. Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add 2 tsps of coconut oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add chopped green chilli and garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and ½ tsp salt and continue to cook till tomatoes becomes little tender.
- Now add the beans and continue to saute for a min.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and turn off the gas.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl.
- Garnish the salad with crumbled paneer, some coriander leaves and almond flakes.
- Serve the salad warm or cold along with some bread.
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking time||10 mins|
Nutritive value per portion